Early 2019, we will be releasing a new book called Project SME. A book that will tell the stories of 50 successful South African entrepreneurs and their rise to business success.
If we want to grow SME’s in our country, we need those who made it to take a stand, and be the shoulders from which others can see further. To mentor via pages. We need to get real insights into the hands of the next generation.
If you have built a successful business, then we invite you to be part of this journey!
More about the book
Project SME is an initiative by entrepreneur, best-selling author, Shark and campaigner for SME’s, Marnus Broodryk. His previous book, ‘90 Rules for Entrepreneurs: The Codex of Hustle’ was a massive success and was listed as one of the top 5 books of 2018. This year, he wants turn it up to 11, to use the collective wisdom of brilliant, self-reliant business owners, to further grow the small business community into something grand in scale.
THIS IS NOT A PROFIT MACHINE, IT IS A PROJECT. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO A CAUSE ADVANCING ENTREPRENEURSHIP TO EVEN FURTHER BOLSTER THE SKILLS OF OUR EMERGING WORKFORCE.
The 50 entrepreneurs
We want to tell the stories of the 50 best, most interesting, business owners and mavericks across the country. We will interview them, uncover what makes them special, and write this into a 1000-word piece that showcases them, and their exclusive experience.
Be an entrepreneur with a business doing a minimum of R12m turnover per year and be clean, with no outstanding judgements or convictions for unethical business practices.
WE SHALL BE CONDUCTING A DUE DILIGENCE ON ALL CONTRIBUTORS, TO MAKE SURE THE SUBSTANCE OF THE BOOK IS BEYOND REPROACH.
What is required from 50 entrepreneurs?
- Be available, if chosen, for a short interview (telephonically or via Skype) with one of our writers, so we can best understand your business and the insight you wish to share.
- Professional photographs.
- Contributing to the success of the book by purchasing 100 copies yourself (at cost), which means the book is automatically a best seller, and will be seen and read by far more SMEs and
Ps. This is not like the mishmash of awards you can ‘buy your way into’. Quality is first and foremost. We want this to be a team effort to
make sure the book does what it’s designed to do.
What the entrepreneurs will get
- As a chapter in Project SME, you’ll have the opportunity to share your story and USPs with scores of potential clients, peers and the next generation of business leaders.
- As a contributor, you will receive 100 copies of the book, with your name on the cover – to sell or give as gifts, promotions and marketing material for yourself, or your business.
- You will have the extraordinary opportunity to help others
learn from your success, and avoid their own failures.